Law Office of Salvatore Paszynsky, P.C.

110 Wall Street, 11th Floor - New York



About the Firm



Preference Categories






Do It Right the First Time.

YOU WANT TO SPONSOR FAMILY MEMBERS FOR A GREEN CARD.  You know that if your petition is not prepared correctly, you can expect long delays or even denial of your petition. This is not the time to guess, experiment, or cut corners. This is not the time for a do-it-yourself kit or an unreliable, assembly line operation.

YOU WANT IT DONE CORRECTLY, professionally, the first time.

PUT OUR EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONALISM TO WORK FOR YOU. We do all the work and stay with you through the entire process.  With our experience we minimize the risk of having your fiancé visa denied so you save time, money, and have peace of mind.

What is the Procedure to Obtain a Green Card Based on a Family Relationship?

United States citizens and lawful permanent residents are able to sponsor certain relatives for lawful permanent residence (a green card). Obtaining a green card (becoming a lawful permanent resident) based on a family relationship begins with the filing and approval of an immigrant visa petition. Depending on the nature of the family relationship there may or may not be a wait for an immigrant visa number to become available; priority for an immigrant visa number is determined according to preference categories. Finally, the person immigrating must apply to change his or her status to that of a lawful permanent resident.

Who is Eligible to Sponsor a Relative for a Green Card?

To sponsor a relative to immigrate to the U.S. you must be a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and you must prove that you can support your relative at 125% above the mandated poverty line. U.S. citizens may petition for a spouse, parents, children (married or unmarried), or siblings. Lawful permanent residents may only petition for a spouse or unmarried child.

  Attorney Advertising. Read full disclaimer. 2007 © & All Rights Reserved.